1. Because of the Great Commission. When Jesus was about to be taken up to heaven, his last words were about the preaching of the gospel to the ends of the earth. If last words were important, we’d better take heed Jesus’ last words.
2. Because reaching the lost is important to God. If they matter to God, they should matter to me.
3. Because this, in part, is a major reason why we are left on this earth (the other major reason is our sanctification, but that’s a post for another day).
4. Because people who are truly saved couldn’t help talking about what they found in Jesus. We share the good news, not because we have to but because we just can’t help it.
5. Because it is the least I could do. My salvation is freely given to me by grace and there is nothing I could do to repay it. That, for me, is overwhelmingly good. And like a beggar who found food, the least I could do is go out into the streets and tell other beggars about what I found.